Thank you to the people at Bookish who are hosting this fabulous reading challenge!!
Here is the scoop for this challenge:
We all have those books. We buy them, win them, they’re gifted to us.. Then we put them up on a bookshelf and there they stay, collecting dust, waiting for the time when we’ll finally decide to pick them up..
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2014 – Dec 31, 2014.
- Anyone can enter! You don’t have to be a blogger, as long as you review the book you’ve read! (On your blog, Amazon, Random Buzzers or Goodreads/Shelfari!)
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that’s been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Short stories and novellas are OK, too! Only books released in 2013 and earlier! NO 2014 ARCs and 2014 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2013 TBRPILE Reading Challenge. (If you don’t have a blog, post about it on Facebook or Tweet!)
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2014, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- On the 20th of each month we will post a wrap-up post, here, on BOOKISH. Every wrap-up will have it’s unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It’s open to INTERNATIONALS. The giveaway will be open until the next wrap up post goes up! (i.e. the entire month)
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice – we will be checking 😉
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you’ll link up in December will be entered into a GRAND PRIZE giveaway.
- You don’t have to follow Bookish Blog to join the challenge, but you do have to follow us to be entered in giveaways!
1-10 – A Firm Handshake
- 2014’s edition of the TBR Pile Reading Challenge will be hosted EXCLUSIVELY on Bookish. Co-hosting with other awesome bloggers was fun, but due to too many hiccups along the way, our Bookish Team has decided to take over to ensure that everything goes smoothly this time.
- For your convenience and to ensure you won’t miss any important posts / wrap-ups / updates / contests, we have created a mailing list! We invite you to sign up to receive all the important news in the mail (no more searching the web for wrap-up posts and missing out on all the fun!). You can sign up here: !! JOIN 2014 TBR PILE READING CHALLENGE MAILING LIST!! !!
- To help you tackle your TBR Piles, we will also be hosting monthly Read-A-Longs with prizes! And this time, you’ll get to VOTE on the book we’ll read together! Join the mailing list mentioned above to never miss out on the fun! Please note: You don’t have to take part in our read-a-longs to participate in the TBR Pile challenge – or you can just take part in some of them, and skip the rest – participation is optional, tho we would certainly love to discuss the books with you!
- We have sponsors! Which of course means more fun prizes!! YAY!
Considering the size of my TBR piles . . . yes piles . . . I believe I will be going for the:
First Kiss: 21-30 books
Here is hoping by TBR piles go down in 2014!
Books Are Life,